1.0 Call for Application
The General public is hereby informed that, the Government of the Republic of Serbia under the programme “The World in Serbia” has opened Scholarships to eligible Tanzanians to pursue Bachelor, Master and Doctoral programmes for the academic year 2021/2022. Interested candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
2.0 Application requirements
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Must have completed Advanced Certificate of Secondary Education Examination (ACSEE) and passed with division one or two or Diploma with minimum of Upper Second Class (for undergraduate candidates);
- Must have completed Bachelor degree and passed with Upper Second Class Honours or Distinction (for Masters degree candidates);
- Must hold a Master’s degree with minimum of Upper Second Class (for PhD candidates); and
- Must have good English Language Proficiency Skills or Serbian.
- Age limit:
- Undergraduate must be younger than 21 years;
- Masters must be younger than 25 years; and
- PhD Candidates must be younger than 35 years.
2.1 List of documents to be submitted
An applicant must submit the following supporting documents as part of the evaluation process:
- Completed application form showing two study programs intended to study in Serbia and terms enrollment;
- Certified copies of academic Certificates and Transcripts or Diploma final Transcript (NB: O-level and A- Certificates are important to all applicants);
- Curriculum vitae (CV) with a motivation letter in English or Serbian;
- Proof of language Proficiency (IELTS/TOEFL Certificate);
- Copy of the passport’s data page;
- Two signed Letters of recommendation (from the applicant’s former or current academic tutor(s) or supervisor(s) for PhD candidates and;
- Medical Certificate not older than six months.
- Certificate that candidate is HIV negative
3.0 Scope of the Scholarship
- Free education;
- Monthly stipend amounting to RSD 15,000 per month for public transport, textbooks and working material during the studies;
- Compulsory health insurance for students up to 26 years of age;
- Free residence visa;
- Free preparatory classes in Serbian Language after arriving in Serbia; and
- Free accommodation and food in student – standard institutions.
- The Scholarship Does not cover air ticket
NB: There is no top-up loan or grant from the Government of the United Republic of Tanzania for candidates who will be offered this Scholarship. Candidates are advised to find other sources of money to cover cost not fully covered by the scholarship.
4.0 Application process and submission
To apply for The Word in Serbia Scholarship:
- Download the form from https://www.internationalscholarships.dhet.gov.za/index.php/component/phocadownload/category/2-supporting-documents?download=133:the-world-in-serbia-project-scholarship-application-form
- Complete theapplication form along with supporting documents as outlined.
- Submit the filled application form with its attachment as one document in PDF format not later than 24th January, 2022 (24:00hrs) East African Time through the following email: email@example.com and a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org
For further details about The World in Serbia Scholarship Program visit the following links https://education.govmu.org/Documents/scholarships/Documents/2021/Project%20World%20in%20Serbia%202020-2021.pdf
Ministry of Education, Science and Technology,