1.0 Call for Application
The General public is hereby informed that the Commonwealth Scholarship Commission in the United Kingdom (CSC) is inviting eligible Tanzanians to apply Commonwealth scholarship for PhD and Masters programmes tenable from 2023. Interested candidates are highly encouraged to apply. Full details of the scholarships are available on the website: https://cscuk.fcdo.gov.uk/about-us/scholarships/
2.0 Application requirements
- An applicant for Master degree must hold a first degree of at least upper second class with honours;
- An applicant for PhD degree must hold a relevant postgraduate qualification (a Master’s degree) with at least Upper Second Class with Honours or Distinction;
- All applicants must have the support of a potential supervisor from at least one UK University listed in the applicants’ application form; and
- All supporting documents must be submitted in the required format.
Full eligibility requirements for master’s candidates are available at website: https//cscuk.fcdo.gov.uk/scholarships/commonwealth-masters-scholarships/ and for PhD candidates at: https://cscuk.fcdo.gov.uk/scholarships/commonwealth-phd-scholarships-for-least-developed-countries-and-fragile-states/
3.0. List of documents to be submitted
An applicant must submit the following supporting documents as part of the evaluation process:
- Academic certificates and transcripts;
- Two recommendation letters (referees reports);
- One supporting statement from a UK institution (for PhD candidates);
- Proof of citizenship or refugee status in a Commonwealth Country; and
- A quality study plan with detailed potential impact on the development of your home country.
4.0 Application process and submission
- Application opens on 6 September 2022. Apply to the CSC’s online application system by 18 October 2022 at 16:00 (GMT). The details on how to apply please visit: https://cscuk.fcdo.gov.uk/about-us/scholarships/
- The CSC has deadline of 8 November 2022 at 16:00 (GMT) for submitting all required supporting documentation.
Ministry of Education, Science and Technology,