To oversee development of special needs education
This Unit will perform the following activities:-
- Provide inputs for development of special education policies, legislations and guidelines;
- Supervise the Central Resource Centre (Braille Press);
- Initiate and develop mechanisms for sustainable resource mobilisation for special needs education in schools and teachers training colleges;
- Provide guide for talent development;
- Prepare, analyse and upload data to the ESMIS and Open Government Partnership portal related to the Section in accordance with the agreed work flow and protocol;
- Support the development and implementation of mechanism for collaboration with societies for and of the handicapped;
- Conduct research on Special Needs Education and advice school and teachers colleges owners and regulators accordingly;
- Provide inputs for preparation of Special Needs Education Curricula and standards;
- Initiate, develop, monitor and evaluate implementation of projects, programmes and mobilise resources for special needs education; and
- Prepare and submit periodic reports as required.
The Unit will be led by a Director.