To ensure quality and value for money in the procurement, storage and supply of goods and services in the Ministry.
This Unit will perform the following activities:-
- Advise the Accounting Officer on matters pertaining to the procurement of goods and services and logistics management;
- Monitor adherence to procurement process and procedures as per Public Procurement Act and its regulations;
- Develop an annual procurement Plan for the Ministry;
- Procure, maintain and manage supplies, materials and services to support the logistical requirements of the Ministry;
- Maintain and monitor distribution of office supplies and materials;
- Maintain and update inventory of goods, supplies and materials;
- Provide Secretariat services to the Ministerial Tender Board as per Public Procurement Act; and
- Advise on specifications/standards for goods and services to be procured and monitor adherence to them to ensure value for money.
This Unit will be led by a Director.