1.0 Call for Application
The general public is hereby informed that, Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship Programme for the academic year 2023/2024 is now open for eligible Tanzanians to pursue Bachelor, Masters, One-tire-masters and PhD studies in Hungary. Interested candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
2.0 Application requirements
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Must have completed Advanced Certificate of Secondary Education Examination (ACSEE) with division one or two or a Diploma with a minimum pass of Upper Second Class (for undergraduate candidates);
- Graduated with a relevant Bachelor degree with Upper Second Class (for Master’s degree candidates);
- Have a relevant Master’s degree with a minimum of Upper Second Class (for PhD candidates); and
- Have good English Language Proficiency skills.
3.0 List of documents to be submitted
The applicant must submit online application form with the following supporting documents as part of evaluation process:
- Certified copies of academic Certificates and Transcripts;
- Motivation letter;
- Proof of language Proficiency (IELTS/TOEFL Certificate);
- Copy of valid passport;
- Research plan (for PhD candidates);
- Two signed letters of recommendation (from the applicant’s former or current academic tutor(s) or supervisor(s) for PhD candidates; and
- Medical Certificate.
4.0 Provisions covered by the Scholarship
The scholarship will cover:
- Exemption from the payment of tuition fee;
- Monthly stipend;
- Accommodation; and
- Medical insurance.
These provisions are only contribution to the living expenses of the scholarship holders. Visit: By CLICKING HERE to check detailed costs of living in Hungary. Please note that, there is no top-up loan or grant from the Government of the United Republic of Tanzania for candidates who will be offered this Scholarship, any extra cost must be met by parents/candidates.
5.0 Application process:
- The online applications for scholarship can be reached through the following link: CLICK HERE
- The online application system will officially open from 15th November 2022 and the deadline for submission of completed online application is 16th January, 2023, 2 PM (Central European).
Ministry of Education, Science and Technology,