1.0 Call for Application
The General public is hereby informed that, the Government of Romania has opened Scholarships to eligible Tanzanians to pursue Bachelor, Master and Doctoral programmes for the academic year 2023/2024. Interested candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
2.0 Application requirements
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Must have completed Advanced Certificate of Secondary Education Examination (ACSEE) and passed with division one or two or Diploma with minimum of Upper Second Class (for undergraduate candidates);
- Must have completed Bachelor degree and passed with Upper Second Class or Distinction (for Master’s degree candidates);
- Must hold a Master’s degree with minimum of Upper Second Class (for PhD candidates); and
- Must have good English or Romanian Language Proficiency Skills.
2.1 List of documents to be submitted
An applicant must submit the following supporting documents as part of the evaluation process:
- Certified copies of academic Certificates and Transcripts or Diploma Final Transcript (NB: O-level and A- Certificates are important to all applicants);
- Curriculum vitae (CV) with a motivation letter in English or French;
- Proof of language Proficiency (IELTS/TOEFL Certificate);
- Copy of the first three pages of the passport;
- For PhD Candidates, applicants need to submit a letter of intent containing the list of scientific works, specialized publications, the detailed description of the proposed research project and a signed agreement of a supervisor(s) from the chosen doctoral school;
- Medical Certificate; and
- Copy of birth certificate.
3.0 Scope of the Scholarship
- The scholarship covers:
- Tuition fee;
- Monthly stipend;
- Medical assistance;
- Exemption from the payment of the study visa fee;
- Financing the tuition expenses for preparatory classes in Romanian Language after arriving in Romania; and
- Accommodation in the student dormitories.
- The Scholarship Does not cover air ticket
NB: There is no top-up loan or grant from the Government of the United Republic of Tanzania for candidates who will be offered this Scholarship. Candidates are advised to find other sources of money to cover cost not fully covered by the scholarship.
4.0 Application process and submission
To apply for the Romania Scholarship you may visit the Study site in Romania at www.studyinromania.gov.ro then:
- Either press the virtual button “APPLY FOR MFS SCHOLARSHIP” or,
- Apply directly at the web page https://scholarships.studyinromania.gov.ro
All Applications have to be submitted online not letter than 1st March, 2023.
Ministry of Education, Science and Technology,