- Call for Application
The Ministry of Education, Science and Technology wishes to inform the general public that, the Chevening Scholarships for the Academic Year 2023/2024 are now open for eligible Tanzanians. The awards are tenable at any United Kingdom University for one year on a fully–funded Master’s degree. Interested candidates are highly encouraged to apply. Full information of the scholarship is available at www.chevening.org
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- (i) Have a Bachelor’s degree with at least an upper second-class with honours.
- (ii) Have at least two years of work experience.
- (iii) Have not previously studied in the UK with funding from a UK government-funded scholarship.
- (iv) Apply to three different UK university courses and have received an unconditional offer from one of them.
- (v) Must have ambition and leadership potential, a strong academic background and possess strong interpersonal skills.
- Scholarship coverage
The scholarship includes the following:
- Tuition fees
- Monthly stipend
- Airfare to and from the United Kingdom
- Visa costs and additional grants for essential expenditure
- List of Documents Required
- (i) A certified copy of passport bio-data page.
- (ii) Academic certificates and transcripts.
- (iii) Academic IELTS/TOEFL iBT/ Advance English language exam results.
- (iv) Two (2) letters of reference written in the English language.
- (v) An unconditional offer letter from a UK university.
- (vi) A letter of motivation for applying for the scholarship.
- The application deadline is on November 1st, 2022.
- Interviews will take place starting February to April, 2023 and results will be issued in June, 2023.
- Applicants will receive email updates about their application status at each step of the selection process.
- Only shortlisted applicants shall be contacted and invited for interviews at the British High Commission.
- The Government of the United Republic of Tanzania will not provide a loan or grant for candidates who will be offered this scholarship.
Ministry of Education, Science and Technology,