1.0. Call for Application
The general public is hereby informed that, the East African Community (EAC) is offering Scholarship to study at Universities within the EAC Region for eligible citizens of the EAC Partner states to pursue Master’s degree studies for the academic year 2020/2021.
2.0. Apprication requirements
An applicant should meet the following criteria:
- Be a citizen of a partner state of the East African Community;
- Must have completed Bachelor degree and passed with Upper Second Class Honours or Distinction;
- Be below 35 years of age; and
- Have obtained admission from a university in other country in the EAC Region other than their own.
3.0. Scholarship coverage
This is a full scholarship which covers the following:
- University tuition fees: payable directly to the university;
- Stipend: EUR 380 per month to support living expenses including housing, food, utilities, local transportation and settlement expenses;
- Allowances for study materials and research: EUR 1500 one-off allowance;
- Medical insurance; and
- Extracurricular events: at least one event per year.
There is no loan or grant from the Government of Tanzania for candidates who will be offered this Scholarship.
4.0 Field of studies
The scholarship will support master’s students in:
- Technology; and
- Business Science programmes
5.0 List of Documents to be submitted
Applicant must submit the following supporting documents:
- Signed curriculum vitae;
- Certified copies of all university degree certificate and transcripts;
- Foreign academic qualifications must be equated by the National Council/Commission for Higher Education in respective partner State;
- Supporting documents (transcripts, certificates among others) copies translated to English language by an accredited language translations provider;
- Recent passport photograph in colour
- Evidence of Nationality of a Partner State in the EAC such as copy of national identity card/ passport/ birth certificate;
- Any other form of evidence required in the application form e.g. medical reports, photos and letters of reference, and
- h)A motivation letter
6.0. Application and submission procedures
Potential students should apply following the procedures here under:
- Register online via IUCEA website: www.iucea.org
- Download the scholarship application form from the IUCEA website and fill it;
NB:The deadline for receiving applications is 22nd October, 2020 not later than 17:00 hours East African Time.