1. Topic for 2020 Essay Writing Competition is:
How can the developments in Information and Communications Technology (ICT) be utilized to speed up the development and integration efforts of the East African Community Partner States?
Ni kwa namna gani maendeleo ya Teknolojia ya Habari na Mawasiliano (TEHAMA) yanaweza kutumika kufanikisha kwa haraka juhudi za maendeleo na mtangamano wa nchi Wanachama wa Jumuiya ya Afrika Mashariki?
Comment les développements des technologies de l'information et de la communication (TIC) peuvent-ils être utilisés pour accélérer les efforts de développement et d'intégration des États partenaires de la Communauté de l'Afrique de l'Est?
2. The Heads of Schools will then be expected to constitute a marking panel which will choose the best essay of the school. The panel should go through the essays (Please do not mark the essays) and choose three essays to be submitted to Permanent Secretary Ministry of Education, Science and Technology by 15th October, 2020.
3. The following are the guidelines for essay competition:
- The length of the essay should be between 1,000 and 1,500 words,
- The essay can be written in English, French or Kiswahili,
- The essay should be in their own hand writing
- Students information such as name, sex, class, school address, region Country and title of the essay should be written on the cover page,
- The essay should be written on white A4 lined/ruled papers (Similar to the draft pads),
- Written only on one side of the paper,
- Students should draw double margin in each paper,
- The Head of Schools to certify that the essay is student’s own work. (signature and stamp),
- Students should discuss a minimum of ten points,
- Students to show the reference materials they have used in writing the essay.