To be eligible for this scholarship the applicant must:
- A Tanzanian citizen;
- Be not more than 25 years of age by 1st March, 2020; and
- Have completed Advanced Secondary School or Diploma in 2018/2019.
- Applicants who have proficiency in the Korean or English languages will be added advantage and will be given preference; and
- Engineering and Science majors will be given preference.
3.0 Scholarship Coverage
- Tuition fees;
- Scholarship period (March, 2020-Feb 28, 2025 one year Korean language and 4 years degree program);
- Airplane ticket;
- Monthly stipend 900,000KRW per month;
- Settlements allowance 200,000 KRW;
- Scholarship completion Grants 100,000KRW;
- Korean language Training cost for one year;
- Medical insurance; and
- Korean proficiency Grants for level 5 or 6 on TOPIK will receive 100,000 KRW per month.
4.0 Required Documents
Required documents: one (1) set of the original documents below, and 3 sets of the photocopies of the original
- Completed Application Form (Form 1)
- NIIED Pledge (Form 2)
- Personal Statement (Form 3)
- Study Plan (Form 4)
- Two Recommendation Letters (Form 5)
- Completed Self Medical Assessment (Form 6)
- Academic Certificate and Transcripts
- Birth certificates
- Awards (Optional)
- Proficiency in Korea: TOPIK (Test of Proficiency in Korean) and Proficiency in English if are applicable:
- Certificate of Health (Form 7, only for candidates who successfully pass the 2nd round of selection).
- Copy of the Applicant’s Passport (only for candidates who successfully pass the 2nd round of selection)
5.0 Mode of Application
All applicants are required to complete form and attach all requested documents. Instruction for this scholarship are obtained in the following website https://www.studyinkorea.go.kr
Application forms and attached documents should be submitted to the Korean Embassy not later than 3rd October, 2019.