1. This Invitation for Bids follows the General Procurement Notice (GPN) for this project that appeared in the Tanzania National e-Procurement System (TANePS) on13th September,2018, on the Ministry Website and on the African Development Bank Group’s Internet Website.
2. The United Republic of Tanzania has received Financing from the African Development Bank in various currencies towards the cost of Support to Technical Vocational Education and Training and Teachers Education (STVET-TE). It is intended that part of the proceeds of this loan will be applied to eligible payments under the contract for the Supply, Installation and Commissioning of Biomedical Equipment & Maintenance Equipment for Arusha Technical College.
3. The Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Education, Science and Technology (MoEST) now invites sealed bids from eligible bidders for the Supply, Installation and Commissioning of Biomedical Equipment & Maintenance Equipment for Arusha Technical College.
4. Interested eligible bidders may obtain further information from and inspect the bidding documents at the office of Secretary, Ministerial Tender Board, Ministry of Education, Science and Technology, College of Business Studies and Law University of Dodoma (UDOM) Block 10, Room no.320 P. O. BOX 10, 40479 DODOMA, TANZANIA, Telephone no. 026 – 2963533 from 08.00 to 15.00 hours, Mondays to Fridays inclusive, except on public holidays.
5.A complete set of bidding documents may be purchased by interested bidders on the submission of a written application to the above address and upon payment of a non-refundable fee of TZS. 100,000.00(Tanzania shillings one hundred thousand only) ,Payment should be done through Government e-Payment Gateway (Gepg) , where the bidder should get control number at office room No. 327, at the Ministry of Education, Science & Technology.
6. The provisions in the Instructions to Bidders and in the General Conditions of Contract are the provisions of the African Development Bank Standard Bidding Document: Procurement of Goods.
7. Bids must be delivered to the above office on or before 10.00a.m Thursday 16th May, 2019 and must be accompanied by a bid security in acceptable form (in the form of bank guarantee) of Tanzania Shillings Fifteen Million (Tsh. 15,000,000.00).
8.Bids will be opened in the presence of bidders’ representatives who choose to attend at 10.00 a.m on Thursday 16th May, 2019 at the offices of Ministry of Education, Science and Technology, College of Business Studies and Law, University of Dodoma (UDOM) Block 10, Ground floor, Conference Room.
9. Late Tenders, Portion of Tenders, Electronic Tenders, Tenders not received, Tenders not opened and not read out in public at the tender opening ceremony shall not be accepted for evaluation irrespective of the circumstances.
Ministry of Education, Science and Technology
College of Business Studies and Law University
UDOM Block 10, P.O. Box 10,