- The Ministry of Education, Science and Technology has received loan from the African Development Fund towards the cost of Support to Technical Vocational Education and Training and Teachers Education (STVET-TE), and it intends to apply part of the proceeds of this loan to cover eligible payments under the contract for supply of text books and reading materials for 7 Zonal Teachers College Centres
- The Ministry of Education, Science and Technology now invites sealed Tenders from eligible Suppliers of textbooks and reading materials as tabulated below;
A bidder can participate in any or all of the packages. However, the prices quoted for each package shall correspond to 100% of the items specified for this item of a package
- Tendering will be conducted through the National Competitive Bidding a procedure specified in the Public Procurement Regulations– Government Notice No. 446 of 2013 and its amendment of 2016 and is open to all Tenderers as defined in the Regulations.
- Interested eligible Tenderers may obtain further information from and inspect the Tendering Documents at the office of the Secretary, Ministerial Tender Board, Ministry of Education, Science and Technology, 7Magogoni Street, Old UTS Building, Room No. 7, P.O. Box 9121, 11479Dar Es Salaam, TANZANIA Tel:+255-22-2120403 / +255-22-2120417 from
- A complete set of Tendering Documents in English language may be purchased by interested Tenderers on the submission of a written application to the address given under paragraph 5 above and upon payment of a non-refundable fee of Tanzania shillings 100,000. Payment should either be by Cash, Banker’s Draft, or Banker’s Cheque, payable to Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Education, Science and Technology
- All Tenders must be accompanied by a Tender Security in an acceptable form in the amount of Tanzania shillings 7,000,000/= or freely convertible currencies.
- All Tenders in one original plus two copies, properly filled in, and enclosed in plain envelopes must be delivered to the address The secretary, Ministerial Tender Board, Ministry of Education, Science and Technology, 7magogoni street, Old UTS Building, Room no. 7, 11479 DAR ES SALAAM at or before 10:30 AM Tuesday, 22nd September, 2017 Tenders will be opened promptly thereafter in public and in the presence of Tenderers’ representatives who choose to attend in the opening at the Ministry of Education, Science and Technology, 7magogoni street, Main Building, First Floor, Conference Room, 11479 DAR ES SALAAM.
- Late Tenders, portion of Tenders, electronic Tenders, and Tenders not received, Tenders not opened and not read out in public at the Tender opening ceremony shall not be accepted for evaluation irrespective of the circumstances.
Ministry of Education, Science and Technology,
UDOM BLOCK 10, P.O. Box 10,