To ensure quality and value for money financial management and accounting services in the Ministry.
This Unit performs the following activities:-
- Advise the accounting Officer on all matters related to finance management and accounting in the ministry;
- Prepare payment for salaries including statutory deductions;
- Prepare pension papers;
- Maintain financial records.
- Submit voucher list to the Treasury;
- Collect all cheques from Treasury;
- Deposit cash and cheques in bank
- Prepare monthly flash report;
- Pay cash/cheques to employees/customers (service provider);
- Batch payment vouchers;
- Maintain cash book;
- Record/ reconcile all imprests issued;
- Prepare and effect all payments.
- Collect all revenues;
- Manage the revenue according to regulations and guidelines;
- Carryout Bank reconciliation.
- Maintain pension records.
- Ensure proper documentation to support vouchers, including authorization according to regulations;
- Ensure adherence to the relevant acts, regulations, circulars, etc;
- Prepare Final Accounts and other Financial Statements;
- Asset register management; and
- Handle replies to audit queries
This Unit is led by the Chief Accountant.